Sometimes I just don’t have the time or inclination to get elbow deep in kitchen stuff. Even those times, I do try to take the time to make things that are delicious.
I made a quick sandwich for us at lunch and Honey insisted that I photograph it…so I did. I typically wouldn’t photo or blog about non-“cooked” meals or occasions where I use other people’s recipes…but I may start just for fun. Hey, I’m starting now. 😀
What’s on my sammich:
– Lightly toasted wheat bread
– Kraft creamy horseradish on one side of bread
– GV spicy mustard on the other side of bread
..and from the bottom up..
– chinese bean sprouts (mung bean sprouts)
– red onion, sliced thin
– avacado slices
– ancient red pepper slices
– Galaxy veggie cheddar cheese (vegan)
– lots of cilantro
– 2 strips cooked-till-crisp Oscar Mayer turkey bacon
Why eat turkey bacon with vegan cheese, you ask? Because it’s DELICIOUS.
We love to eat salads around here too. Or I love them and Honey doesn’t complain. ;D I’m going to start writing down my different salads to share because sometimes ya just gotta change things up. One thing I hate is a boring old salad with typical salad bar ingredients…iceburg lettuce, under-ripe maters, big, chunky cucumber pieces, canned black olives. *shudders* Salad needs to be festive and fun (and of course delicious).
Here’s what went on tonight’s salad (which as we know is always vegetarian until we slather it with baked chicken tenders):
– 1-1.5 c fresh spinach per person (we like big salads!)
– 1/4 c diced red onion
– 1/4 c diced red pepper
– 1/4 of 1 avacado, diced
– 1 fresh date, chopped
– 2 tbsp roasted peanuts (unsalted)
– 2 tbsp raisins
– 2 tbsp blue cheese crumbles
– 1 tbsp chopped cilantro
We don’t typically use dressing because the salads alone are so tasty that dressing would mask the flavor blend of these delicious ingredients.
Happy Eating Everyone! 🙂