Tonight’s meal didn’t come with a series of how-to photos, but it comes with short & simple directions if you want to try out something quick & delicious! I didn’t think to photograph the process, but it really doesn’t need step-by-step. You can do this! 😀
I wanted to make “sliders” or mini-burgers tonight…obviously I did well as they were smaller than my bun. I forgot the whole shrink-as-it-cooks part to burgers. This is my second time making burgers…hopefully I’ll remember the third time and make my patties a bit bigger!
I decided to add zucchini to the ground turkey for extra healthy goodness and texture. I diced 1 zucchini into itsy bitsy pieces and stirred it into the ground turkey, along with 1 tbsp fish sauce (seriously people…I know what you keep thinking when I throw that ingredient around lately…you don’t know what you’re missing!), a bit of flour for extra stick-to-edness & VIOLA! Turkey burgers ready for browning.
Made as pictured from the bottom up: “mini” bun (store-bought), Kraft creamy horseradish, baby spinach, zucchini burger, Galaxy brand cheddar cheese (vegan), sliced red onion, sauteed mushrooms, sliced red pepper, homemade pickles (from mom), & Heinz organic ketchup.
Baked fries recipe HERE; potato sliced thinner tonight!
Ingredients for Zucchini Turkey Burgers:
– 1 roll lean ground turkey
– 1 medium zucchini
– 1/4 c soy flour (for gluten-free, otherwise any flour will do!)
– 1 tbsp fish sauce (or whatever spices you may want to add)
– 1 tbsp EVOO
- Dice zucchini into itsy-bitsy pieces (when you think it’s small enough, keep dicing!)
- Place zucchini into medium mixing bowl & drizzle fish sauce over zucchini. Give a stir.
- Add turkey to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add flour to the bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Form turkey into burger shapes (remember, as I did not, that they will shrink when you cook them! 😉 )
- Heat EVOO in a medium sized skillet, on medium heat.
- Once oil is hot, add your burgers by carefully & gently placing them into the oil, using tongs to hold burger by its sides if you prefer.
- Brown on each side for about 4 minutes, or until thoroughly cooked & browned on each side.
- If cheese if your thing, add to burger with 2 minutes remaining on 2nd side of the burger.
- Turn off heat, add toppins, and ENJOY!